So you might have just bought the D-link router. Then this is sure that you will get your fast Wi-Fi up and running in a matter of time. All the credit goes to the quick setup process which makes it very easy.
There are some steps that you need to walk through in order to Setup D-link Router. In order to set up the router, you need to connect the router to the modem. After that connect the computer to the network and then run the setup wizard.
There also may be a difference in the type of connection that you might have been using.
Table of Contents
Before the setup process:
If you are using a connection of PPPoE, then you are going to need the username and password for the PPPoE. If you see that you do not have this information, then you contact your internet service provider.
Make sure that you are not proceeding unless you have this information.
Make sure that you are unplugging the power to the modem. And in some cases, you may also need to turn it off for 5 minutes.
Modem and router combo:
If you see that your ISP is providing you with the modem and router combo, then you are required to set it to the bridge mode so that your D-Link router can work properly. After that, you are required to contact the ISP or can also refer to the user manual of the modem/router device.
Now let us see the Easiest Methods to Setup D Link Router:
Attach the power adapter to the router:
There is going to be a power adapter that will come in the package with the router. You are required to connect the adapter to the router and to the wall outlet or the power strip.
After that, you need to follow the second step.
Connect the ethernet cable:
Attach the ethernet cable from the modem to the WAN port on the router. Thesis is the port that is often colored yellow. This is done in order to distinguish it from the ethernet ports that are going outside. There are some D-Link routers on which they are going to be black.
There is some D-link router that has a built-in DSL modem. Instead of connecting the device to another modem with the ethernet cable, you must connect the phone cord from the phone jack to the DSL port on the back of the D-Link router.
After that, you need to wait for the power and the WAN status lights to come on. This is only going to take a few seconds.
Connect the computer to the router:
There are two types of connection wired and wireless.
The first thing that you need to do is to connect the ethernet port on the computer and to one of the ethernet ports on the D-Link. You can easily use the ethernet ports on the router except for the WAN Port. That will be connected to the modem.
The first thing that you are required to do is to click on the network icon on the system tray. After that, you are required to click on the name on the network that is associated with the router. By default, it is D-Link that is followed by the short string of digits.
Then you are required to enter the password or the network key. Thesis the password that is written on the configuration card. Then you will be able to connect to the network.
How to Configure the router:
- The first thing that you need to do here is to access the web browser and then type the router’s IP address in the address bar. The Ip address for the D-link router is 192.168.0.1 and for some of the routers, it is going to be 192.168.1.1.
- After that, you are required to enter the username and password. For most of the models, the username is the admin and the password is the password.
- Then you are required to run the setup wizard. You need to click on the setup wizard and then click on Next. It is then going to ask you a series of questions in order to further configure the router.
- Then you are required to select the connection type and then click on next in order to continue.
- After that, it is a must that you change the name of the network name and password.
- Then you need to select the time zone and save the configuration settings.
These are the steps to Setup D-Link Routers. Follow these steps in order to enjoy high-speed internet connectivity.
These are the Easiest Methods to Setup D-Link Router. If you are having any issues with the process, then you can get in touch with the D-link experts who are always there to help you out.